It’s high time to review another popular GEO among the affiliates. In fact, this is probably the most craved GEO out there, thanks to its prominent member — the United States of America. Yet the USA alone is not always the best pick, due to stiff competition. Which is why it is good to shift your focus to the neighboring countries, at least occasionally. In this article, we are examining Northern America — a part of North America and very bountiful GEO for your marketing needs. We will define the region, provide a few general facts, dive deep into digital advertising details, and provide the ideas for professional funneling. Let’s get to it, boys and girls!
Demarcating Northern America
North America should not be confused with Northern America, just like South America is not the same as LATAM. According to the United Nations, Northern America incorporates 5 countries, some of which are not independent: Bermuda (England), Canada, Greenland (Denmark), Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France), the United States of America.
Facts about Northern America
As per our tradition, here are a few facts about this magnificent GEO:
- Total population: ≈ 379 million (as of August 15, 2023), or 6.31% of the world
- Urbanization: ≈ 305 million citizens (2020), or 81.5% of the population
- Median age: 37.1 years
- Languages: English (Canada, the USA, Bermuda), French (Canadian Quebec, Saint Pierre and Miquelon), Greenlandic (Greenland) + some indigenous languages
- Religion: Christianity (75%)
- Largest cities, suburbs included:
- Highest average income per month:
- The USA — $6,364
- Canada — $4,413
- Greenland — $1,607.5
- Bermuda — 1,600 BMD (1 BMD = 1 USD)
- Local time zones: UTC-3:30 (Newfoundland)–UTC-10:00 (Hawaii)
Every country here falls under the Tier-1 category, thanks to the fact Bermuda, Greenland, and Saint Pierre and Miquelon are the protectorates of some of the most developed countries out there.
Digital Advertising in Northern America
Equipped with the facts to know the GEO better, let’s get to know how to do affiliate marketing in North America. It might come as a surprise to you, but the majority of traffic comes from desktops here — for instance, as the most populous country of the batch, the USA drives in 65.76% of traffic.
Social Networking Info
Among the most popular social platforms, it is worth mentioning Facebook, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, LinkedIn, and Twitter — they are more or less popular in the USA, Canada, Greenland, and Bermuda. Specifically, the citizens of the USA, Canada also frequent YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, and Pinterest. Now let’s talk about the internet penetration rate per country.
The United States of America
There are 311.3 million of internet users, which means the internet penetration rate is as high as 91.8%. Approximately 246 million of people, or 72.5% of the nation, use social networks. No wonder the USA is so popular among the affiliates. The market is ripe for taking, but the competition is also stiff.
Canada has an even greater percent of active internet users — 36.2 million, or 93.8% of the population. Among all the Canadians, 33.1 million of users use social networks actively, which is 85.7%.
About 45 thousand (not million) of internet users are observed in 2023, or 79.5% of the population. The number of social media users reached 41.6 million, or 68.7% of the population.
About 63 thousand of internet users inhabit Bermuda, or 98.4%. Among the whole population, 45 thousand of people, or 70.1%, are active internet users.
Local Payment Systems
Northern America tends to be a trailblazer in digital technologies. Which is why this exact market will be fast to innovate. Specifically, while the debit and credit cards maintain their popularity, they are likely to start falling into oblivion. Baby boomers and Generation X are followed by Millennials and Generation Z, who prefer to pay with their mobile phones. Which is why it is a good idea to prepare for the rise of mobile payments, one-touch payments, e-Wallets, and bank transfers.
The most popular methods for Northern American countries are more or less the same, with some tiny differences, specifically:
The United States of America:
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- American Express
- Apple Pay
Large holidays are good for driving a ludicrously large amount of traffic, which is why it is necessary to know at least some of them.
- January 1 — New Year
- February 14 — Valentine’s Day
- March 17 — St. Patrick Day
- April 1 — April Fool’s Day
- May 5 — Cinco de Mayo
- July 4 — Independence Day
- September 5 — Labor Day
- October 31 — Halloween Day
- Thanksgiving + Black Friday + Cyber Monday
- December 25 — Christmas
Specific Tips & Hints
According to Hofstede Insights, the people of Canada and the USA are very similar in the behavioral pattern of their populations. They can be described as “work hard, play hard” nations. They know that everybody’s equal and only one’s persistent matters, no matter the hardships of the future. Try to appeal to their sense of justice, something like “get your rightfully deserved stuff”. They are also not afraid to indulge themselves and value their free time — something more traditional societies feel guilty of.
However, this kind of characteristic is a very rough approximation. Mainly, because the USA nation is far from being culturally homogenous. Keep in mind that each state of the USA is very autonomous, has its own legislation, and different attitude toward the same problems. For example, according to Business Insider, all the states can be grouped into 11 macro regions.
Each macro region, or sub-nation, is unique in terms of culture and political preferences. This is very important to remember if you want to keep your campaigns successful and profitable.
- Yankeedom — a very amiable and traditional region, preferring government regulation and traditional values, like family, education, and participation in government. Consider promoting an antivirus as a way to protect the privacy of their family members.
- New Netherlands — a highly diverse region with well established tolerance for other cultures. The eCommerce market here is booming already and is on the rise. The immigrants and outcasts from other cultures find their refuge here. As you can guess, the locals value liberty, conscientiousness, and equality a lot. Promote gadgets, subscriptions, software — this kind of mainstream stuff.
- The Midlands — freedom for everybody and little-to-no government intervention. This region favors the middle class and enjoys high diversity with moderate political views.
- Tidewater — this region values respect for authority and traditions, rendering equality and public participation in politics less of importance.
- Greater Appalachia — contrary to Yankeedom, the locals here can be suspicious of outsiders. They are dedicated to personal sovereignty, individual liberty, and has a warrior ethic. Think about humbling this free spirit with some male enhancing pills.
- New France — folks in these lands are very multicultural, egalitarian, very liberal, and, surprisingly, very tolerant toward the government regulating the economy.
- El Norte — independent, self-sufficient, industrious, and adaptable. They even attempted to secede from the USA to form a buffer state between their home country of Mexico and the USA.
- The Far West — these people do not like federal oversight. Sounds like a lucrative market for VPN, don’t you think?
- The Left Coast — mostly an ally to Yankeedom bordering the not-so-government friendly Far West. They like self-expression, exploration, and utopianism. Try to give this audience a sense of being unique.
- First Nation — the largest, yet least populous region of them all, spanning mostly across the territory of Canada and Alaska. The indigenous people here are common, who retain their cultural practices.
What can you offer to Northern Americans
The sweetest part of the article — a few offers from our partners from CpaRoll. Check out their best pick for Northern America, grouped into verticals.
CashApp US 🇺🇸
Offer ID 661
PayPal $1,000 US 🇺🇸
Offer ID 593
Canadian Tire $500 CA 🇨🇦
Offer ID 307
Surfshark CPT Android MultiGEO (incl US🇺🇸/CA🇨🇦)
Offer ID 621
GreenVPN CPT iOS MultiGEO (incl US🇺🇸/CA🇨🇦)
Offer ID 562
VPN Superproxy Master CPI iOS US🇺🇸
Offer ID 559
Chrome Stream Flicks MultiGEO (incl US🇺🇸/CA🇨🇦)
Payout CA $0.8/ US $1.15
Offer ID 644
Edge NeonAds Blocker MultiGEO (incl US🇺🇸/CA🇨🇦)
Payout CA $0.76 US $1.28
Offer ID 645
McAfee Desktop US🇺🇸
Offer ID 434
McAfee Desktop CA🇨🇦
Offer ID 28
Avast Premium US🇺🇸
Offer ID 516
TotalAV Desktop MultiGEO (incl US🇺🇸/CA🇨🇦)
Offer ID 611
TotalAV Mobile MultiGEO (incl US🇺🇸/CA🇨🇦)
Offer ID 54
Pick the offer you like and start driving profit today. Consult the RollerAds team, if you need any help finding good traffic sources or optimizing the funnels.
Northern America is a bountiful region, filled with opportunities, and some of the highest internet penetration rate out there. When it comes to digital advertising, the communities there are ripe for taking. Make sure to get to know the local specifics and start profiting on some of the best audiences you can imagine. And if you’ve read the article in full, you should have the competitive edge over the rivaling marketers. Write back to RollerAds, if you require any assistance. And keep pushing forward, for only the most industrious affiliates get the largest fruits of labor.